brandieisabookjunkie

J.A. Redmerski
The Night Sister: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon

Hard Time

Hard Time - Cara McKenna You can also find my review at Brandie is a Bookjunkie.

This is such a sweet and romantic story - not what you would think you would get from a book where the guy is in prison. And for a lot of readers, I'm sure the prison aspect is a turnoff, or at least causes some hesitation about reading. PLEASE don't let that stop you from picking up this gem. I had never read anything by this author, but was intrigued by the story. And after seeing some really wonderful reviews, I had to give it a try. Imagine my excitement when I was approved for it on Netgalley!

And what a unique, romantic, erotic and just beautiful story this was! I was pulled in by the first page and didn't want to put it down. The writing was incredible and the chemistry between Annie and Eric was off the charts.

Annie is a sweet librarian who's moved to a new state to start over her life, after a really bad experience with her ex boyfriend. Her job as a librarian has many hats and one of her new ones is to spend Fridays at Cousin’s Correctional Facility, reading and helping some of the good behavior inmates.

Eric, one of the inmates, has been in for 5 years, but he's not a bad guy (I know...he's in prison...but keep an open mind). He made a poor decision to get him there and he's learning from his mistakes and trying to be a better man.

The first time Annie spots Eric, she's immediately attracted to him and confused by it. She shouldn't be attracted to a criminal - but her heart wants what it wants. Eric needs some help with his writing and approaches Annie to help him. Thus starts a string of romantic and sexy letters between them.

They carry on with this forbidden relationship until the reality of Eric's future sets in. The possibility of Eric's release is real and can they ever have a lasting relationship outside the walls of Cousin's?

Eric - oh be still my heart! He was all kinds of swoony and romantic and down right SWEET. His heart blew me away and I just melted over him.

Annie was a sweet girl trying not to make a really dumb mistake by falling for the wrong guy, another guy that could hurt her severely. I understood her hesitation and trust issues.

This book was the best mixture of sweetness, romance, & erotica. I loved every single page and could have read their story forever because it just left me with a smile on my face. I immediately went and purchased [b:Unbound|17672182|Unbound|Cara McKenna|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1373975839s/17672182.jpg|24671250] by this author because this will not be the last time I read her books!

ARC kindly provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.