brandieisabookjunkie

The Night Sister: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon

Beautiful Oblivion

Beautiful Oblivion - Jamie McGuire 3.5-4 stars

ARC kindly provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I was really excited to be given the opportunity to read the new book in the Maddox Brothers series. Having loved Travis in [b:Beautiful Disaster|11505797|Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)|Jamie McGuire|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1358259032s/11505797.jpg|16441531] (one of the first books to introduce me to this genre that I love), I couldn't wait to read a book about his brother, Trent.

I love Jamie's writing and her way of sucking me into her stories, and making it impossible to put them down. And, Trent. He, of course, made this book for me. He's incredibly sweet, and charming, and patient as a freaking SAINT, and...so determined. He was going to prove to Cami they were meant to be and I loved that about him.

And then there's Cami. I struggled with her a little bit. The elusive boyfriend, the secret she was keeping, and her continued stubbornness just started eating at me, especially once I figured out the twist. But I appreciated the purpose of the twist, because it's setting us up for another book, where we'll hopefully get more answers.

The book wasn't entirely focused on Trent and Cami. There is a LOT going on in this book and it's a bit of a head spinner. Again, I know that's setting us up for a series. It will be nice to see it all come together in future books.

Cami and Trent had a good chemistry and I did love their banter, while she continued to fight her feelings and keep him in the friend zone. Another element I really loved about the book was the fact it is set during the same time frame as Beautiful Disaster. We get to revisit some of those scenes from an outside POV, and get a little piece of Travis again. That was a very nice touch!

I am happy things wrapped up for Cami and Trent, but left open possibilities for more Maddox Brother books. I did enjoy the book and look forward to more in this series!