brandieisabookjunkie

J.A. Redmerski
The Night Sister: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon

The Plan

The Plan - Qwen Salsbury First of all, thank you to the author and publisher for the ARC and opportunity to read this fantastic debut!

If you're looking for a romantic comedy with some very steamy and erotic moments - this book is perfect! I was immediately intrigued by the synopsis of this book and once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down. It's very Devil Wears Prada - only the boss is a really hot guy!

Alaric Canon is super hot but with a reputation of being a major asshole. Every personal assistant he's ever had doesn't manage to last very long, and there's an office pool going for every PA that comes and goes.

Emma Baker has worked for the same company for a year and has been obsessed with Canon from day one. Determined to get him to notice her, just to see if he's really human and not the asshole everyone thinks he is, she devises a plan to get his attention. But before she can even execute her plan, her boss drops the bomb that Emma will be working as Canon's PA on a temporary basis.

Emma knows Canon better than any PA that's walked through the doors. She has watched him and obsessed over him for a year. No one can do the job better than her. Except she doesn't want the job and this isn't how she wanted to get noticed.

Now she's faced with going on a business trip with Canon and playing the role of perfect PA, all while not being true to herself. And Emma will learn that there is so much more to the man who she is falling for.

Without going into to many details that will give away all of the greatness that is this book - I just have to say how much I enjoyed it! I loved the authors humor and writing style. It's written in a choppy way that is quick and makes it hard to put down. I will say that the choppy writing did get a little grating towards the end and became a little harder to read. But by that point, I was so happy with the way the book turned out and had fallen head-over-heals for Alaric Canon! Not to mention all of the butterflies I got while reading their steamy moments...the chemistry between these two was perfect!

This was a fantastic debut that I really enjoyed and I'm glad I decided to pick this one up!