brandieisabookjunkie

J.A. Redmerski
The Night Sister: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon

Don't Look Back

Don't Look Back - Jennifer L. Armentrout ARC kindly provided by Netgalley/publisher in exchange for an honest review.

What a great book to start me back on my quest to reading more YA! I have been in the mood lately for more YA novels, and was so excited when I was approved to read this new book by [a:Jennifer L. Armentrout|4476934|Jennifer L. Armentrout|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/authors/1290636579p2/4476934.jpg], who I'm also a big fan of!

Sam is a high school student who is the epitome of a mean girl. She is rich, has the perfect boyfriend she's been betrothed to marry, and is the girl everyone loves to hate. In all honesty she is awful. And then one day, Sam is found walking down the road looking lost and injured, having no memory of who she is or what happened to her. Or the fact that her best friend is also missing.

Who wouldn't want a second chance at life? Finding out how retched she was before the 'accident', Sam decides she doesn't want to go back to her old ways and she's determined to solve the mystery of what happened to her and her best friend. As her memories start to come back in bits and pieces and the puzzle starts to come together, Sam struggles with what is true or what is an illusion and with whom she can really trust through it all.

I truly enjoyed this story. It is fast-paced and although I had my suspicions of 'who dun it' throughout the book, I was never fully convinced because the author does a great job of throwing you off. This is a book that is really hard to put down because you just have to know what really happened! And of course you won't find out until the very end, which is what makes a suspenseful book like this one a huge hit! It's hard to write a thorough review on a book like this without giving away important clues, so I'll just say that it's really good and I recommend it!

My only issue with this book is that it's suggested for young adults ages 14 and up. Call me old fashioned but kids having sex in high school is not appropriate for 14-year-olds. Maybe I'm old and this is what is acceptable nowadays (I AM just getting back into reading YA novels) but I'd be hesitant of my 14-year-old daughter reading this book.