brandieisabookjunkie

The Night Sister: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon

Filthy Beautiful Love

Filthy Beautiful Love - Kendall Ryan Dear Kendall Ryan,

You are the queen of sexy writing. I love you and your books. Please never stop writing.

love,
Brandie

In all seriousness, I haven't read a KR book that I haven't enjoyed. But I do have my favorites, and it's always a challenge in my mind for an author to top one of my favorite books. This series has officially rocketed to the top of my favorite KR books. To say I loved it is an understatement.

My review is for both books - [b:Filthy Beautiful Lies|21947191|Filthy Beautiful Lies (Filthy Beautiful Lies, #1)|Kendall Ryan|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1406311588s/21947191.jpg|41252132] & [b:Filthy Beautiful Love|22673915|Filthy Beautiful Love (Filthy Beautiful Lies, #2)|Kendall Ryan|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1406311688s/22673915.jpg|42178840].

I was desperate for something really good to read, that would pull me in immediately. And this series was the perfect solution to my book funk. I devoured both books in two days, because I couldn't put them down. It was everything I love and look for in a book - a slow build romance, sexiness, humor, friendship & so much heart and emotion that I felt connected to both of these fantastic characters.

And did I mention it was hot?

Colton Drake, charming & sexy, is the perfect leading man. But clearly he's got issues, or why else would he buy a girl for sex, right? He's a successful, good looking guy who could have any girl he wants. But what he really wants is a companion, someone who will give him no strings sex, and be there for him whenever he needs - but without the drama and emotions involved in a relationship. Seems shallow, but once you start to get a glimpse of the real man behind the issues, you fall head over heals. Those little glimpses of kindness and affection won me over immediately. I wanted to know Colton and find out what had broken him.

Sophie Evans is a sweet and innocent girl, who wants nothing more than to save her sister's life, no matter how much it'll cost her. What she doesn't expect was that she'd be attracted to Colton, let alone enjoy his company and find comfort in his companionship. She's spent her life being in the shadows of her sister, selflessly giving herself to her family without ever thinking about her needs or wants. And for the first time she is able to be herself. I loved her strength, but it was how selfless she was that gripped at my heart.

The best part of this series was the slow burn between Colton & Sophie. There is no insta-love. The suspense and build up of their romance was intense and wonderful. Yes, it was super hot (I expect nothing less from Kendall Ryan), but I also felt the emotion between these two. Not only was the story about finding love, but it was also about finding themselves along the way.

KR also packed a wicked punch at the end of the first book that I never saw coming. I LOVE when an author keeps me on my toes, and I can't even tell you how glad I was that the second book was waiting for me on my Kindle.

Another thing I loved about the book were the secondary characters. It was easy to adore Pace and Collin, Colton's brothers, and Sophie's sister, Becca. I'm so excited that Pace is getting his own book - [b:Filthy Beautiful Lust|23261834|Filthy Beautiful Lust (Filthy Beautiful Lies, #3)|Kendall Ryan|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1411581891s/23261834.jpg|42803435].

With all of KR's books I feel that I get just enough back story and description to keep me wanting more, without dragging things out. Having just read a book recently that I felt was way too long and drawn out, I loved that this book kept on pace and didn't drag. I found myself excited to pick it up any chance I could, and that is a sign of a great book, in my opinion.

A beautiful story full of emotion and the perfect amount of steam - it surpassed all of my expectations. Another fantastic series by Kendall Ryan.