brandieisabookjunkie

J.A. Redmerski
The Night Sister: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon

Landline

Landline - Rainbow Rowell I have loved every book I've read by Rainbow Rowell. But all in very different ways, because of how unique all of her books are. I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading Landline - all I knew was that it was a book about a couple who's marriage was in trouble. After finishing the book, I'm not sure I can put into words how moved I was by it, and how absolutely fantastic it was.

We all have to work at our relationships, but there's no denying it is hard not to get into a rut. You get comfortable, you're in your normal routines, and you start to take each other for granted. This was the case for Georgie and Neal. They are supposed to go to Omaha for Christmas and stay with Neal's mom. But Georgie gets a job offer she can't refuse, that means she'll have to stay in LA and work through Christmas. She thinks that they'll just cancel their trip, but what she didn't expect was for Neal to take their two daughters and go without her.

Georgie knows things haven't been happy in their marriage for a long time, but she's never really stopped to think about it. Now that Neal is gone, she's starting to feel the void, how much she misses him, and what her life would be like without him. She can't even bare to go home to her empty house, so she stays at her parents. It's while she's in her childhood bedroom, calling Neal on the landline, that she figures out a way to talk to Neal in the past. And she wonders if this is supposed to be her chance to make things right with him again.

This story is so different and so brilliant. Not only is it about a marriage in trouble, but it's also about falling in love again and remembering all of those things you loved about that person from day one. It's about learning from your mistakes and not taking things for granted. This book was more than just a story - it's a life lesson. Whether in marriages or friendships, they take work and you have to put in what you want to get out. I fell in love with Georgie and Neal's story. My heart was bursting during the moments Georgie was remembering all of their good times and how they fell in love. It was truly an amazing and emotional read, and I can't express just how much I loved it.

Rainbow Rowell's writing is beautiful. I love the humor and the dialogue between characters. I love how her stories just flow seamlessly and how enraptured I am when I pick up her books. I love how I never want to put her books down. I love the emotions that I feel whenever I fall in love with her characters. If you haven't read any of her books, I can't recommend them enough. This is a must read.