brandieisabookjunkie

The Moment of Letting Go
J.A. Redmerski
The Night Sister: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon
A Veil of Glass and Rain - Petra F. Bagnardi I love the premise of this book. I'm a sucker for the friends to lovers story line. And it was easy to be sucked into Brina and Eagan's story.

Brina and Eagan grew up together because their parents (travelling photographers) were friends. They shared a bond because of their parents always being gone and became their own kind of 'family'. But as they get older, Brina develops more feelings for Eagan, and scared that he doesn't feel the same way - she bolts.

Later on, they end up back in Rome together and Eagan is determined to have Brina back in his life. But she is hesitant because she still has feelings and isn't sure where they stand.

What I loved about these two was their intense love and friendship. Where some may think it's really unhealthy to depend on someone else - their dependence on each other worked for me. I understood the need they had to be together and how it felt for them to be apart. Their relationship was really beautiful.

Add to that the suspense of them giving into their feelings for each other. I love that in a book and there was quite a build up that kept me glued to my Kindle. The story was very fast-paced and hard to put down!

My only major issue with the book was how much it jumped around. I don't know if, because it was an ARC, I wasn't able to decipher where the breaks were very well. The story was all over the place in the beginning with the flashbacks to their childhood, and there were many times I wasn't sure if I was in the present or the past. I understood the significance of the flashbacks, but the first 1/4 of the book left me really confused. Once I got past that - I devoured the rest of the book in a day!

Overall, I enjoyed reading this very intense love story. It says something when I devour a book in two days! Thank you to the author for giving me the opportunity to read an ARC of the book!