brandieisabookjunkie

The Moment of Letting Go
J.A. Redmerski
The Night Sister: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon
Down London Road - Samantha Young This book was so fantastic and perfect that I want to read it again! And I never re-read books. I just absolutely loved every single minute. It had everything I love – sweet and incredible love, major sexual chemistry and hot scenes, humor, suspense, friendship, perfect writing and AMAZING characters…I could go on and on because I loved this book SO much!

Thankfully you don’t have to remember anything from the first book of this series to dive into this book. Because I couldn’t remember anyone and the author does a great job of reacquainting you with all the important people you need to know.

Johanna Walker is responsible for taking care of her teenage brother, who is her entire world. With a dead beat dad long gone and an alcoholic mother, she’s always put her brother, Cole, first and has done everything to give him a happy life. Their relationship is so sweet! Although she comes across as a major gold-digger, she’s not at all who she seems. She has such deep-seeded insecurities that she battles every day and thinks the only thing she has to offer anyone is her looks – and that’s how she’ll score a wealthy guy who can take care of her and Cole. Because Cole always comes first and she wants to provide him a secure life, unlike the one she’s had.

Then she meets sexy, tattooed, Cameron MacCabe and she can’t get past the instant attraction she has to him. He’s not someone she’d typically date, but there is something about him that gives her butterflies and gets her heart pounding. When he ends up being the new bartender at the bar she works – tension flies off the charts. To complicate matters, he moves into the apartment directly below hers.

Johanna has major issues letting anyone into her life and knowing her secrets, hiding her mother and their problems from everyone but her best friend, including the men she dates. To top it off, Cam immediately gets the wrong impression of her, thinking she’s just with her boyfriend for his money and not understanding the situation she’s in. I will tell you that I normally HATE cheating stories (both Jo and Cam have significant others in this book), but it’s important to know that what they have is an incredible friendship that built to something more. It was that slow buildup that made this book so AMAZING and perfect. You just have to read it to see what happens, but I assure you it’s worth every second.

I felt so many emotions while reading this book that I’m still thinking about the story a few days later. Not to mention it was one of those books that has a fantastic cast of supporting characters – all whom you’ll fall in love with. Just an absolutely fantastic book that was added to my favorites list!