brandieisabookjunkie

The Moment of Letting Go
J.A. Redmerski
The Night Sister: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon
Protecting What's His (Line of Duty, #1) - Tessa Bailey Thank you Entangled Publishing for the ARC in return for an honest review.

4.5 Stars!

After just finishing a really angsty and heavy book - I was looking for something steamy that I could sink my teeth into. Something that wasn't too long and had enough romance and humor (and an added bonus of suspense) to keep my attention. And I found exactly that in this book! I wasn't able to put it down once I started!

Ginger has held the responsibility of working and taking care of her now teenage sister, Willa, from a very young age, while their mother was always strung out or entertaining her lasted boy toy. An opportunity presents itself where Ginger can get her sister away from Nashville and start over in Chicago - so she takes it.

In their new apartment building, they end up living across the hall from Lieutenant Derek Tyler. Derek, who's main focus is normally his job, has never wanted to be in a relationship with anyone. Until he gets a glimpse of Ginger. He sees something in her that he has to have and will stop at nothing to get the point across to her.

She couldn't open herself up for that kind of pain. Not even for Derek, who could comfort, arouse, and challenge with a single look.

"Give me a chance, beautiful girl."

“I’m looking at you sitting there all puffy-eyed from crying over me. If I kiss you right now, I’ll never stop.”

As they start to build a romance, there are stumbling blocks along the way that challenge them and their feelings for each other. But the drama is always short-lived, which was a huge relief to me! These two were so hot together - I absolutely loved the chemistry that oozed off the pages. Derek was a strong protective alpha who knew exactly how to take care of Ginger in every way. And I loved how strong-willed and funny Ginger was. Both were incredibly likeable characters that I immediately fell for.

Oh how I loved Derek and everything that came out of his mouth...

"When we touch each other, it's honest and real. I crave it."

“But I would come after you every time. Every. Time.”

“Look at me. You own me. I’m owned.”

The build up of suspense will keep you turning the pages until you've devoured this book. In a short amount of time - the author managed to write a perfect blend of all the things I love in a book. A wonderful, steamy read!