brandieisabookjunkie

The Moment of Letting Go
J.A. Redmerski
The Night Sister: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon
Wait for You  -  Jennifer L. Armentrout, J. Lynn Avery has had a really rough life. She decides moving away for college is a good way to start over and forget about her past. She makes a few friends immediately (Jacob & Brit), but her walls are always up. Until she literally runs into Cameron Hamilton on the way to her first class.

“I’m used to having girls throw themselves at me. Trying to jump on my back is new, though. Kind of liked it.”

Cam is one of the best guys I have ever read in this genre. Sweet, sexy, romantic, patient, considerate, hilarious. He is the definition of swoon-worthy. And he turns out to be Avery's neighbor and astronomy class partner.

They slowly become friends, having to work together for class, and then Cam starts finding ways into her life. He's persistant and although she refuses to 'go out with him', he is determined to break down her walls and convince her to give him a shot. He wants more from her and she's starting to see that he is different and may be worth it...

“Go out with me,”
“No,”
“There’s always tomorrow.”
“Tomorrow’s not going to change anything.”
“We’ll see.”
“There’s nothing to see. You’re wasting your time.”
“When it concerns you, it’s never a waste of my time.”

Oh..Cam...swoon...

“I’m serious about you, Avery. If you want me for real, you have me.”

“I want you for real.”

But they are both holding on to secrets that have the potential to tear them apart. There is no shortage of drama and angst in this book - just let me warn you. Avery's determination to keep her secret and distance became really frustrating but it was worth it to see how she evolved and became a better person. And Cam was a SAINT. Although he had his limits too, he was always there for her and knew deep down there was something keeping her from totally trusting in him. Yet despite whatever it was - he refused to give up on her. It was that love and determination that helped Avery to open her eyes to what she was doing.

Romantic, steamy, funny, gut-wrenching (my stomach was in knots for a good portion of this book!)...the build up of their friendship-turned-romance was perfect. I adored every single minute of this book!