brandieisabookjunkie

J.A. Redmerski
The Night Sister: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon
Entice (Exquisite, #2) - Ella Frank 4.5 stars

[b:Exquisite|16207483|Exquisite (Exquisite, #1)|Ella Frank|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1354481640s/16207483.jpg|21487355] was one of my favorite books last year, so you can imagine my excitement to read the next book in the series, especially when it was released early! And I'm happy to say I was not disappointed!

What's wonderful about these books is they can be read as stand-alones, as they don't leave you hanging in the end. Not to mention Ms. Frank knows how to write the perfect man and love story!

Dr. Shelly 'Man-Eater' Monroe is a confident, sexy woman who thinks she knows what she wants. And what she thinks she wants is a boring, respectable guy to settle down with and make her dad proud. But boring isn't what she's attracted to.

"That woman is hotter than hell, but I'm not touching her. She'll burn me to a crisp."

Enter, Josh Daniels, aka Delicious Daniels. And delicious he most certainly is. Owning his own construction company, he's come back to Chicago to work on the building expansion to Exquisite, his friend Mason's restaurant. All he wants is to find a sweet girl who's not out to milk him for money, and settle down. But instead he encounters Shelly and everything he planned goes right out the window.

They have such an intense connection that it sizzles off the page. And even though they spend a lot of time fighting it - they start to realize it's a lost cause. But Shelly has demons from her past that are keeping her from letting down her walls completely, and it will take the amazing Josh some time and patience to finally break through.

"Take a chance, Shel. I'm not going to hurt you, use you or take any part of you for granted. I'm falling for you so hard that I can feel the scrapes on my knees as I'm brought to them."

We get a glimpse of the real Shelly halfway through the book, and when I wanted to smack her in the beginning for being so shallow and ridiculous, I quickly forgave her once I understood her background and what she was dealing with.

And I can see where this book would be frustrating for some because, in their journey to find out what they want from life and each other, there is a lot of angst and heartache - and you want to just scream at them to GET TOGETHER ALREADY! But I think that's what made the book so wonderful - how they slowly fell in love. It never felt rushed. It felt realistic. And the sweet and incredible way that Josh treated Shelly just made my heart melt. He was every woman's dream-come-true.

What's also great is that we get a glimpse into what's going on with Mason & Lena from the first book. And see a glimpse into the next book about Mason's sister, Rachel. The supporting cast in this series is awesome.

I have to admit that during many parts of this book - I was singing 'Man Eater' by Nelly Furtado. And there were parts of the book that made me think about the movie, You've Got Mail - which is one of my favorite movies ever.

This was such a romantic (and hot) read that I highly recommend.