brandieisabookjunkie

J.A. Redmerski
The Night Sister: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon
Rule (Marked Men, #1) - Jay Crownover 4.5 stars

'Opposites don't just attract, they freaking catch on fire and burn the entire city down.'

I was seeing this book all over Goodreads and after reading the synopsis, I bumped it up to the top of my list. I'm a sucker for bad boys with tattoos and piercings. And this book did not disappoint! I absolutely loved it!

Shaw grew up in a wealthy family with parents who were more concerned with their social status then being parents. At the age of 13, Remy Archer brought Shaw home to his family and took her under his wing. They became best friends, and the Archer family treated her like the daughter they never had. When everyone thought she and Remy were an item, the truth was that she was harboring feelings for his wild twin brother, Rule, who didn't give her the time of day.

After graduation, they all move to the big city to start their lives - Rule working in a very successful tattoo shop, Remy working as an event coordinator, and Shaw working and going to school to be a doctor. A tragic accident takes Remy from them and essentially drives a wedge between the Archer family. Shaw, being the peacekeeper and wanting to stay close to the only real family she's ever known and loved, she shows up every Sunday to drag Rule to his parents for dinner, even though she finds him in bed with a different girl every weekend.

Rule lives his life as he wants, answering to no one. Covered in tattoos and piercings, his parents have a hard time accepting him for who he is underneath all of that. But Shaw has always seen the real him and loved him regardless. And Rule is about to finally notice Shaw for the first time and realize he can't get her out of his head. But his concern is whether someone like him can actually be with one girl and give her everything she deserves.

Once these two finally give in to each other, it is so sweet and SO HOT. Of course, they aren't without their drama and trust issues that cause angst and worry throughout the book. But seeing them finally realize what they have is worth every single second of it.

'You have me Shaw, anyway you need me, anyway you want me, you have me.'

'Here's my heart, Shaw. You have it in your hands and I promise you're the first and last person to ever touch it. You need to be careful with it because it's far more fragile than I ever thought and if you try and give it back, I'm not taking it.'

SWOON

I adored both of them - Shaw was strong, independent, and determined to be something without the help of her overbearing parents. She knew she was deserving of real love and wouldn't settle for anything less. And underneath all of his tattoos and bad attitude, Rule was sexy, protective, sweet, extremely successful and had a band of friends who'd do anything for him. He proved he was a great guy who just needed the right girl - and all along she was right under his nose.

A fantastic book with a wonderful supporting cast (I loved everyone in this book). I can't wait to get my hands on the next book in the series! I highly recommend this one!