brandieisabookjunkie

The Moment of Letting Go
J.A. Redmerski
The Night Sister: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon
Make Me Yours (Unravel Me, #2) - Kendall Ryan Hot. Intense. Emotional. Holy shit, what a ride!

Everyone wants a happy-ever-after. For Cohen, it's to be a responsible man and not live the same mistakes his father did. For Eliza, it's to forget her past pain and forget the person she used to be. What these two don't see coming is their intense attraction and need for each other, and how it changes everything.

Eliza (Liz) lives her life with no commitments and hardened by the hurt of her past. She goes to school for her PhD, has a no-strings-attached affair with a professor, and refuses to entertain the fact that she can ever love or be in a relationship. Her past holds her back from finding real love and gives her the fuel she needs to feed her promiscuous lifestyle. This 'holding back' started to irritate me until I realized what she had really gone through. My advice to anyone reading this book who starts to get irritated with Liz - give her a chance.

Cohen is AMAZING. After his mom was abandoned by his father at a young pregnant age - Cohen resolved to always strive to be a good and responsible man. This meant getting a job at age 15 to help support his mom and little sister. It also meant staying a virgin, because he never wanted to put himself or another woman into the same type of situation his mom went through unless he was in love with her. His morals and sense of responsibility is endearing. Going to college, while being a volunteer Chicago Firefigher, as well as a part time bouncer at a night club - he's also the new neighbor who's moved into the apartment above Liz's.

The first time they meet it's not really with a bang. But after an unwelcome bat takes up residence in Liz's apartment and she seeks shelter and assistance upstairs with the hot, virginal firefighter - things start to heat up. They start a friendship that quickly turns into more. Neither of them can deny the desire and connection they feel. But Liz holds back because of her past and her fear of hurting Cohen. At first I really started to get angry at her for pushing away this perfect and patient man. But later on I understood her reasons and realized things had to happen this way for them to find their happiness.

There are some HOT AND STEAMY moments between these two that sizzle off the pages. And for Cohen being a virgin - he's certainly not lacking inexperience. This book is sexy and leaves your heart pumping.

These two go through some serious moments that test whether they are really meant to be together. Liz has to mourn her past and deal with her issues before she can truly be worthy of Cohen's love.

A wonderful read I highly recommend!