brandieisabookjunkie

J.A. Redmerski
The Night Sister: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon
Ten Tiny Breaths - K.A. Tucker 4.5 stars

After having read several fantastic books recently - I was struggling to find something to read that would live up to my expectations. Then I saw this gem floating around on Goodreads and decided to give it a go. Once I started it, I was unable to put it down. A great blend of suspense, romance, steam, & wit - with a phenomonal cast of supporting characters.

Kacey is a snarky bad-ass who I immediately related to. She had some lines that had me chuckling out loud.

Good money is good money and as long as I don't have to strip, I can handle standing in the middle of a vagina circus.

But although there was humor in this book - it was extremely emotional with some deep issues. Kacey and her sister have suffered a terrible loss and are trying to start their lives over in a new city. Kacey is determined to give her sister a good life, but without letting her guard down.

Until Trent.

Sparks fly when these two encounter each other for the first time and it leaves Kacey literally breathless. But she doesn't want to get close to anyone and will fight it for a little while (thankfully not too long that it became annoying). These two have an instant connection that can't be denied. Trent is swoon-worthy with how he treats Kacey and wants to help her.

Trent's touch is full of life.

"I want to make you smile. For real. Always. We're going to go for dinners, and see movies, and walk on the beach. We'll go hang-gliding, or bungee jumping, or whatever you want to do. Whatever makes you smile and laugh more. Let me make you smile."

"Give me your heart, Kacey. I'll take everything that comes with it."

This book was extremely emotional and captivated me. Without giving up much of the plot or twist - I will just say that this book is suspenseful with a twist that will have you absolutely reeling. The only reason I am not rating this book a 5 is because I did figure it out right before I got to that part of the book (and I hate when I do that!).

I definitely highly recommend this one!