brandieisabookjunkie

J.A. Redmerski
The Night Sister: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon
Leave Me Breathless (Ross Siblings, #3) - Cherrie Lynn 4.5 stars

I would rate this one a full 5 stars if I didn't feel the ending was slightly lacking. I LOVED this book up until the very end when I felt it fell a little flat. But the rest of the book was scrumtious and I devoured it!

Ghost - you have my heart and I can honestly say you may have a slight edge over Brian (I know...*GASP*). I'm a sucker for a bald head, facial hair, and tats. The minute he walked into the bar in the beginning with all of his hotness, I was a goner. I couldn't get enough of him. Not only was he irrisistible - he was sweet and family-oriented. His love for his grandma and sister was an added layer to the perfection that is Seth Warren.

There's no denying this is one of the hottest books I've ever read. And it wasn't just about that - it was also tender and sweet and funny at times. There was a connection with Macy and Seth that just couldn't be denied and it kept my heart racing. I loved them together. It made it hard for me to put this book down.

Macy wasn't without her issues, though. After having a severe riding accident, she loses her identity and ends up with serious self-esteem issues. At times, it was understandable - but there were points when I wanted to scream at her, 'GET OVER IT, DUMBASS!!!' She used it as an excuse to not get close to Seth and it pissed me off. Both of them lived under the delusion that this thing between them was just going to be 'for fun', and it was infuriating at times. Seth was hung up on how his first love broke his heart and also used it as an excuse. I just wanted them to get their true feelings out in the open - admit you're crazy in love and get it over with already!! Then when both of their ex's enter the picture it causes tension and I really wanted to throw my Kindle across the room. Wrong assumptions, trust issues, and unnecessary drama I could have done without - but what book doesn't have that? It's what keeps a reader reading and many times I found myself holding my breath and reading frantically to get to the end where I knew everything would be okay.

For all of the frustrating drama (which was a very small part of the book, thankfully) - it was worth it because of the relationship that was built between Seth and Macy. I would've liked to see an epilogue of their lives down the road, but I have hope that maybe there's going to be another book in the series where we'll get a glimpse of how they're doing. I loved how Brian and Candace made their appearances in this book - that was great!