brandieisabookjunkie

The Moment of Letting Go
J.A. Redmerski
The Night Sister: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon
Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2) - Sylvia Day "I'll kill for you, give up everything I own for you...but I won't give you up."

That right there is why I love Gideon Cross.

What a raw, emotional ride. I'm still thinking about these two after finishing the book last night.

Going into this book - I made myself set the bar low, knowing sequels rarely live up to my expectations. And also knowing that these two characters were majorly fucked up. It was going to take a lot of learning and fighting to get them to a good place. I told myself this going into the book, so I wouldn't get hung up or frustrated with their wrong decisions. In the end - all of those frustrating moments had to happen for them to understand each other - for them to realize what they needed from each other to be able to stay together.

Their fights and issues never bothered me - I just wanted more more more of Eva and Gideon and I would take them however I got them. And when Gideon couldn't be honest with Eva - I was okay with it because I knew there were reasons and that no matter what - he was doing it out of love for her. It was definitely a book where you had to have patience. The suspense and waiting for answers was what made it so hard to put this book down and made me love it more. I knew eventually I'd get answers and was enjoying the beautiful ride.

They are so good, yet so bad for each other and it makes for an intense story. I was in a constant state of holding my breath throughout most of the book.

"I'd rather argue with you, angel, then laugh with anyone else."

When they are good - it's incredible. Their love is so intense and all-consuming. They live and breath each other. Their chemistry and steam is off the charts.

And when they are bad - it tied me up in knots and made me want to cry. I just wanted to weep for all that Gideon had to go through, especially after all was revealed. The ending was perfect to me, although I NEED MORE. I definitely didn't predict the ending at all and was pretty surprised. I love their passion for each other and I can't wait for the third book.