brandieisabookjunkie

The Moment of Letting Go
J.A. Redmerski
The Night Sister: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon
Captive in the Dark - C.J. Roberts Saying that I 'liked' this book is probably the wrong term - but I feel it deserves at least 3 stars because of the emotions it invoked in me, as well as the fact it made me want to read the next book to see what happens between Livvie and Caleb.

There are really no words to describe the level of twisted in this book. There were scenes that literally made me feel ill. I was so appalled that I almost gave up and decided this book wasn't for me. I still don't feel like it's something I would ever read again - the subject matter is just beyond anything I have ever read and so disturbing.

I had hopes for Caleb and that he would be softer earlier on in the book. I waited for that moment to come when I would finally feel sorry for him and maybe start to like him just a little bit. And that didn't happen until the 80% mark of the book. That's a long time to invest in a book when you hate the characters. It makes it really hard for me to look past all of the horrendous things he did to Livvie and allowed to happen to her. I understand he's been through hell in his life and that's what has led him to be the way he is. And because of that - I was able to push myself to keep reading. The only part of this book I liked was that last 20%. And then it ended so ubruptly without any resolve. Now I have to read the next book just to see if they survive this and if he can learn to love.

Sick and twisted but made a big impact. It was like a bad car wreck that I couldn't look away from. Definitely left me curious for the next installment.