brandieisabookjunkie

J.A. Redmerski
The Night Sister: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon
The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1) - Samantha Towle 3.5 stars

I had a love/hate relationship with this book. I loved Jake and hated Tru.

Jake made the book. He was sweet and badass. And hot. I normally don't like celebrity storylines because they aren't believable to me, but this one was done well and realistically. I adored Jake and all his rockstar glory.

Tru. Ugh. She pissed me off constantly. One minute she wants Jake then Will then Jake. Then she gets Jake and decides she can't handle the fame when she knew what his life was from the beginning. I MEAN COME ON. Never do I normally want to quit a book I've invested 70% in as much as I did when she started pissing me off. And when Jake messed up and she couldn't decide whether to forgive him - INFURIATING.

I kept reading because I loved Jake and needed to see him get his HEA. And I did love the ending and oh Jake...swoon!

What makes a book good is all of the emotions it can make a reader feel. And there was no doubt I felt a lot of emotions reading this book. It was hot, romantic, infuriating. It was also hard to put down. Once I started I didn't want to stop. Until I got mad at Tru.

Overall I did enjoy it. Thanks Angie for the lend!