brandieisabookjunkie

The Moment of Letting Go
J.A. Redmerski
The Night Sister: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon
Take This Regret (Take This Regret, #1) - A.L. Jackson,  Amy Lichtenhan An amazing story about a love between a father and daughter. Heartbreaking, gut-wrenching, emotional read. This book broke my heart over and over again. And I just kept wanting more.

Christian. This man was amazing. He's the reason I kept reading the book - if only to make sure everything worked out for him. Although he messed up BIG TIME, making the worst decision of his life, with the influence of a father who controlled him, he learned from his mistakes and spent the entire book proving himself. He won me over almost immediately. His genuine love for his daughter was heart-wrenching.

Elizabeth. Although I understood her trust issues, by the end of the book she was pissing me off so bad I wanted to throw my Kindle. Christian had earned her trust in more ways than one, but she kept pushing him away. I wanted to shake her and tell her to get over it!! When she kicked him out and treated Lizzie the way she did that last bad week, I wanted to weep. For Lizzie - it broke my heart that her mother put her through that.

And Lizzie. What a sweet little girl. Her devotion to her parents was so adorable. It made me want to hug and squeeze my little girl.

I managed not to cry reading this book, although I was on the verge of tears constantly and my heart felt like it was ripping out of my chest the entire time. There is a HEA, which made it all worth it. I liked how it wrapped up in the end and felt genuine joy for this family. Wonderful book.