brandieisabookjunkie

The Moment of Letting Go
J.A. Redmerski
The Night Sister: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon
The Unidentified Redhead (Redhead, #1) - Alice Clayton I am struggling where to start with this review. So much I loved about this book. The humor, the spice, the romance. There's a lot to like about this book. Lists always help me...

What I loved:
Several NKOTB and Donnie Wahlberg references. Everyone knows I'm still a huge fan and this made me giddy. (Is it ridiculous that this is at the top of the list?)
'The British are coming, the British are coming!' That was by far my FAVORITE part of this book. I laughed so hard.
A few 'That's what she said.' bombs were dropped - I'm also a big fan of The Office.
The quick-witted remarks of both main characters. They were freaking hilarious.
The amazing attraction and love between these two. It was so sweet and really hot. And the spice - WOAH. It was awesome.
One of my favorite scenes was at the end when Jack surprises her with a going away party at her new house and then has a bag packed for them to stay at her house at least one time before she moved. SWOON.

Things I struggled with:
Although the nicknames were cute, it got a little irritating.
Her constant need to be funny and hardly ever serious. I sometimes felt bad for Jack because she was so insecure and joking constantly.
The age difference bothered me a little - only because it was brought up so much and at the forefront of my mind. If it hadn't been such an issue throughout the whole book, I wouldn't have cared.
The ending felt like it drug out way too long. I flew through 75% of the book, and then by the time I knew she was about to move - it slowed down to a snails pace for me.
The fact they never actually 'did' it all those times before their Santa Barbara getaway. COME ON. That's unrealistic.

Having said all of that - you may think I didn't enjoy this book, but I really did! I'm not going to rush to read the next book because of my irrational fear of her friend Michael causing a huge love triangle, and I'm not ready for that. I want to bask in the happiness of her and Jacks love for awhile.