brandieisabookjunkie

The Moment of Letting Go
J.A. Redmerski
The Night Sister: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon
Three Weeks With My Brother - Nicholas Sparks, Micah Sparks This book has sat on my shelf for the past 5 years. Never a big fan of autobiographies - I just couldn't bring myself to pick it up, even when I heard all the rave reviews it received.

I'll admit the first half of the book was really slow for me, and I didn't know if I'd be able to finish it. I love Nicholas Sparks, but at first I just didn't know what the point of writing this book was going to be. Learning about his childhood? Boring. His trip with his brother? That bored me too.

Then tragedy started happening...all.the.time. And I realized this book was about learning how to get through the worst tragedy and hardships in your life, and still keeping your faith and ability to love and be thankful for what you have. This man has been through a LOT of horrible things. I was shocked and found myself crying for him and his family. But he and his brother never gave up. On themselves, their families, or each other. They held each other up through it all. It was a real eye-opener - made me think how thankful I am to still have all of my family and have so many people who love me. In the end I learned a lot from this book and am glad I finally read it.