brandieisabookjunkie

J.A. Redmerski
The Night Sister: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon

Fangirl

Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell You can also find my review at Brandie is a Bookjunkie.

Fantastic. It's been a long time since a book made me laugh and cry. Beautifully written!

Cath and her twin sister, Wren, are starting college. Wren is outgoing and ready to live up her college years while Cath is an introvert who loves writing fanfiction and keeping to herself. Cath is so relatable and I loved her! I'm a fangirl myself (Twilight obsessed), as well as a slight introvert, and I could totally picture myself in her shoes. It made the story that much better.

Cath is just trying to cope with being a freshman, her twin sister becoming distant and a major party girl, and worrying constantly about her dad being alone.

She becomes friends with her roommate Reagan and Reagan's friend, Levi. And Cath starts coming out of her shell. She still loves writing her Simon Snow fanfiction, but she's starting to open up and let people in a little. Everything about this story just made me happy - it was so sweet! I love every character in this book and the roll they played, and the constant witty banter was hilarious.

And the love story was the sweetest and left me giddy. There is just so much love in this book - between friends, siblings, parents and I found myself getting emotional more than once. I went into this book without reading any reviews and I'm really glad I did - so I don't want to give too much away.

I feel like so many people can relate to this story - a lot of us with our internet friendships and love of reading. I know I could relate and that's what made me love Cath and this story so much! I laughed and cried by the end, and not many books can do that to me. It was a wonderful read and I highly recommend.

I've also read [b:Attachments|8909152|Attachments|Rainbow Rowell|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1398982892s/8909152.jpg|13785503] by this author and loved it equally. If you haven't read a book by [a:Rainbow Rowell|4208569|Rainbow Rowell|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1342324527p2/4208569.jpg], you need to do it asap!