brandieisabookjunkie

J.A. Redmerski
The Night Sister: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon

Snow-Kissed

Snow-Kissed - Laura Florand You can also find my review at Brandie is a Bookjunkie.

I'm still thinking about this book 2 days later - that is how much it affected me. It is the first book I've ever read by this author, but it definitely won't be my last.

Snow-kissed is about a married couple, Kurt and Kai, who are going through a heartbreaking crisis in their marriage. The issues they are facing are such a common and sad reality for a lot of marriages. After everything falls apart, Kai leaves Kurt, hiding out in her mother-in-laws cabin. A year has gone by, and Kai is starting to finally move past her grief and suffering when Kurt shows up at the cabin.

This story is told in both points of view, and that was so important to the story. To understand how broken they both felt, but how much they still loved each other so deeply. It absolutely broke my heart and brought me to tears. And the tender, intimate moments that they shared were breathtaking and gut-wrenching. I felt everything these two were feeling - it was the most emotional book I've read in a long time and packed quite a punch in 122 pages. Never did the story feel rushed or that I was reading a novella because of the authors ability to tell a story so completely and emotionally. I was totally blown away and left weeping at the end.

Will they be able to forgive each other and move forward? This is a must read and after thinking about it 2 days later - it's one for my favorites shelf. If you're someone who's turned off by novellas or shorter novels (as I used to be) - please don't let that stop you from reading this amazing book.

Thank you to Andrea (http://www.thebookishbabes.blogspot.com) for highly recommending this on her blog and to Rachel (http://www.thereadersden.blogspot.com/) for helping me discover this author. I plan to read more of her books in the near future.