brandieisabookjunkie

J.A. Redmerski
The Night Sister: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon

Unravel

Unravel - Calia Read Before picking up this book, I had been going through a reading rut. Nothing was wowing me lately and I needed something really gripping – something that I wouldn’t want to put down. I saw some really good reviews on this book and decided it sounded different enough to maybe pull me out of the rut.

And I was not disappointed! This book was surprising in so many ways. There was suspense, romance, erotica, not to mention it was a serious mind f***. I was clinging to my Kindle because I couldn’t put it down. I was completely entranced by the story and this author’s writing.

Naomi is involuntarily committed to a mental hospital because she has had a huge breakdown. She doesn’t think she belongs there, but she has to be able to tell her story to the doctors in order to be diagnosed and released. Her new Dr. convinces Naomi that she can be trusted and Naomi finally gives in and starts telling her story.

Her story is heartbreaking and gut-wrenching at times. It will not be for everyone because it deals with a very horrible subject matter that the faint of heart may not be able to handle.

The story takes you back in time to when Naomi was a child and then to just 6 months before she was committed to the hospital. You get to meet Naomi’s best friend Lana, the guy she’s crushed on since she was a kid - Lachlan, and her latest love – Max, and how they are all connected. It is all building you up to a shocking reveal at the end.

I had my own doubts about Naomi and her story and there were times I thought I had her figured out – but in the end I was completely surprised by the outcome. This story blew me away with the spectacular writing and the author’s ability to get into my head. I will be thinking about this book for a long time.