brandieisabookjunkie

The Moment of Letting Go
J.A. Redmerski
The Night Sister: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon
Axel (Corps Security, #1) - Harper Sloan An ARC was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Calling all Kristen Ashley fans - you are going to LOVE Axel and all the other seriously swoon-worthy, bad ass alpha males in this book! This was a fantastic debut, and I am looking forward to reading the next one!

Axel is the perfect bossy, protective, sexy guy. For years he's thought THE love of his life just up and left him without a word and he's been holding onto the anger and pain of losing her. Rising up from the shitty cards he was dealt growing up - he made something of himself and is running a successful security business. But Izzy is never far from his mind.

Izzy was completely and totally in love with Axel. After he goes off to boot camp, tragedy strikes her more than once and her life is sent into a tale spin. She lives through an abusive marriage and manages to survive and then begins to pick up the pieces of her life again. As she's finally feeling safe and some happiness - her abusive ex strikes again and her best friends decide to call in reinforcements - and one of them just happens to be Axel - the love she thought she lost so many years before.

I will admit that Izzy's breakdowns did get frustrating for me at times. It was her insistence on NOT telling Axel the truth about their crossed wires all these years that about drove me insane. And I have to say - it's a great way to build suspense and keep you turning the pages. I just wanted to get to the point when these two finally saw eye-to-eye and realized they still had it BAD for each other.

The beautiful thing about this book was the sweet and incredible love these two shared. It was such a strong bond when they were just kids, and they could feel that love and attraction again after so many years. I truly felt it and believed in their love.

"Not one day went by Izzy that my heart didn't belong to you. To this day there has only been one woman that has and will ever hold it. F***, baby but the love I have for you is so f****** strong sometimes, I wonder if it will crush me."

Not to mention how HOT they were together. If my Kindle could catch fire - it would have.

I love a bossy, protective man and Axel did not disappoint. This book has a slew of fantastic bossy men and I'm thrilled to read their stories in the future.

A really good, steamy romance with some suspense and action to keep you on the edge of your seat! Thank you to the author for the opportunity to read this one - can't wait for Greg's story next!